Benefits by Julia Rocha
- Kidney beans are high in fiber and contain large amounts of resistant starch, which can play an important role in weight control.
- Kidney beans have vitamin K, which helps in the synthesis of sphingolipids that make the brain healthier and have proper nervous functioning.
- Kidney beans contain a good amount of thiamine, which is required by brain cells for cognitive function, this helps create acetylcholine for memory.
- Kidney beans contain soluble fiber which helps to lower the rate of carbohydrate metabolism, this can prevent blood sugar levels from rising after a meal, and is a good source of protein that lowers blood sugar.
- Kidney beans are effective in reducing the risk of colon cancer. Legumes contain high amounts of fiber, which contributes to a healthy microbiome and maintains a healthy gut barrier.