(SKN)The prime minister of St Kitts and Nevis, Dr Terrance Drew, took to his social media account to share some notable accomplishments that his administration has clocked during the first year in their tenure in the country’s administration. Dr Drew, the leader of the St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party, assumed the post of Prime Minister after a resounding victory in the August 5, 2023 elections.
The prime minister and his team have taken several initiatives to benefit the country’s people. At the time of the original election of the St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party, they made several promises to take up initiatives to work for the benefit of the people of the twin-island federation.
They worked on realizing many of these promises during their tenure. The Prime Minister has shared several accomplishments of his administration during the first year of their term. The administration led by Dr Terrance Drew is striving diligently towards making St Kitts and Nevis a sustainable island state.
In line with this, he observed that A “Sustainable Island State” requires responsible stewardship of our food resources and preservation of the environment. The prime minister asserted they had taken proactive steps to conserve water resources. At the same time, they are making significant efforts to boost agricultural production and positively impact food and nutrition security.
The following are some accomplishments that PM Terrance Drew believes they recorded during the previous year.
- The Drew led adminsitration took steps to Enhance water conservation education
- They re-established Water Board
- Further, the SKNLP-led administration introduced 24/7 Water Hotline & Emergency Crew
- Terrance Drew led administration upgraded Old Road Fisheries Complex
- The government launched the Agriculture 25 by 2025 Agenda
- They introduced geothermal collaboration
- Placement of plastic recycle bins in 50% of primary schools
- Presented first Voluntary National Review (VNR) to the UN
- Stabilized electricity generation & supply
- Launched National Community Christmas Clean-up Project
- Upgraded Basseterre Fisheries Complex