Pine fire leaves 16 homeless In Barbados

A burning chair yesterday was the cause of 16 people being left without a home, following an early morning fire at Hill Top, Princess Royal Avenue, in the Pine, St Michael.

One of the occupants Delisle Trotman said he was asleep when he was awakened by shouting.

“They call my name and holler ‘fire, fire, fire’. When I went in there, I see the chair catch a fire. I went and get buckets of water. The men went for a hose and the fire was spreading all ‘pon the roof, so I tell them call the fire truck. I ain’t sure what cause the chair to be ‘pon fire,” he said.

Another occupant, Jaquon Richards said he too, was laying down when the children told him and his girlfriend the house was burning.

“Time we get in the front house, the whole chair done catch, the roof and everything burning. By the time we get at the back of the house now to get the children from in there, and . . . to get back up here with water, the whole front house was done ablaze

Share