Acting Prime Minister Santia Bradshaw said she firmly believed Government made the right call by allowing Barbados’ borders to remain open to commercial airline traffic in the early days of last month.
It has to come to light since and referenced by Acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Anton Best that the period of the first 15 days of March was when many people flying in brought the COVID-19 virus.
Up to yesterday, Barbados had recorded three deaths and 63 coronavirus infections, since the first was revealed on March 16.
I can’t say there is a regret. You have to deal with the situation as it has confronted us,” Bradshaw said during a press briefing.