The Ministry of Health and Wellness is to begin exploring expanded testing options for the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) now that the backlog of pending tests has been cleared.
This was announced by Portfolio Minister, Dr Christopher Tufton at a digital press conference on Wednesday.
Tufton said the ministry will collaborate with regional health authorities in this process.
The testing, he said, will include all admissions to hospitals and the creation of an appointment system for persons who wish to be tested for the virus that causes COVID-19.
So far a total of 6,095 samples have been tested. There have been 478 positive results, five of which were confirmed today. A total of 5,576 tests are negative, while 41 are pending, Tufton said.
He noted that 102 new samples were tested in the last 24 hours.